Bot policy тӧрлӓш
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. амдф 00:27, 30 октябрьын 2010 (MSD)
Translation of the discussion тӧрлӓш
This is a translation of discussion about bot policy (from Russian to English), it is located here: Кӓнгӓшӹмӓш:Тӹнг_ӹлӹштӓш#О роботах. The discussion is translated by User:Amdf with the help of Google Translate. амдф 15:40, 19 ноябрьын 2010 (MSK)
The method of approval тӧрлӓш
In many editions of Wikipedia there is a standard policy for bots, which is:
Such a policy applies, for example, in Erzya, Moksha, Udmurt and Komi Wikipedia editions. In a Meadow Mari Wikipedia the policy is a little different, but similar in general.
I suggest to adopt this policy.
Bot status requests тӧрлӓш
- Operator : Mjbmr
- Automatic or Manually Assisted : Automatic
- Programming Language(s) : Python (pywikipedia)
- Function Summary : Interwiki
- Already has a bot flag (Y/N) : Yes, see here
- Function Details : Just interwikis, thank Mjbmr
Talk14:39, 8 декабрьын 2010 (MSK)
- Done. Jafeluv 00:39, 5 апрельӹн 2011 (MSD)
I request the bot flag TjBot
- Operator: id:User:Tjmoel
- Purpose: Interwiki
- Software: Pywikipedia
- Have bot flag at: id (home) and others
- Details: Interwiki using Pywikipediabot.
- Not done; this is a global bot, so no local flag is needed. Jafeluv 00:40, 5 апрельӹн 2011 (MSD)
- Operator : Hedwig in Washington
- Automatic or Manually Assisted : automatic
- Programming Language(s) : Python (pywikipedia), daily update
- Function Summary : Interwiki, Internationalization by removing chaos in Babel-Category so it can be used properly and easy. Double redirects will be added shortly
- Already has a bot flag (Y/N) : Yes: 19 Wikis so far, others pending. see here
- Function Details : just using the standard interwiki.py; parameters: -auto -all - log -catr
I humbly request bot status on this wiki in order to update Interwiki, and improve Internationalization by removing chaos in Babel so it can be used properly and easy by everyone.
Thank you for consideration! --Hedwig in Washington 03:18, 7 сентябрьын 2011 (MSD)
- Operator : Octahedron80
- Automatic or Manually Assisted : manual
- Programming Language(s) : Java, based on Wiki.java
- Function Summary : Collecting interlanguage links to Wikidata and cleaning-up.
- Already has a bot flag (Y/N) : Yes on many Wikipedias and Wikidata (Home is Thai Wikipedia)